In this position, you will conduct research on current topics related to enterprise data management and support multinational companies in becoming data driven. You will be employed at HEC Lausanne and work in the Competence Center Corporate Data Quality (CC CDQ), an industry-funded research consortium and expert community.
As member of the CC CDQ research team, you will closely collaborate with Fortune 500 companies and drive the CC CDQ co-innovation activities in one of the following topics:
- Democratizing data & analytics (data mesh)
- Data architecture (data fabric, enterprise knowledge graphs)
Your responsibilities will be to
- analyze the current state of research, the challenges in multinational firms as well as emerging technologies and trends
- develop concepts, methods and tools that advance research and practice
- present and discuss your research with practitioners in the CC CDQ workshops
- contribute to the academic field of information systems by publishing articles in top outlets and presenting at international conferences
- support teaching activities, student projects and Master theses
We expect from you
- a passion for data & analytics and experience in relevant fields, such data architecture, data modelling, knowledge graphs, or semantic integration,
- interest in understanding multinational corporations, their data & analytics landscape, organization and business processes, IT applications and platforms
- a Master’s degree in Information Systems (IS), Computer Science, Business Administration (with minor in IS or business analytics, or related fields
- excellent analytical and communication skills
- good writing skills and fluency in English; German and/or French are a plus
- internships and/or professional experience in areas related to this position
- Starting date is negotiable from October 2023 to January 2024. Employment rate is 100%, and the maximum contract duration is five years. The candidate is expected to enrol in the Doctoral School in Information Systems at HEC Lausanne and write his PhD thesis on a topic related to the CC CDQ co-innovation activities.
Informal inquiries and how to apply:
For any inquiry about the PhD positions, please contact Prof. Christine Legner: firstname.lastname@example.org or +41 21 692 3432. Applicants should submit their Curriculum Vitae, their university transcripts (bachelor and master level) and an electronic version of a recent research project (e.g. master thesis, scientific publication) by e-mail.