The University of Duisburg-Essen (UDE) at the Essen Campus, in the Faculty of Computer Science, Chair of Information Systems and Sustainable Supply Chain Management is looking for one research assistant at universities (f/d/m) in pre- or post-doc (pay group 13 TV-L, 75%).
From personalized medicine and programmatic advertising to AI platforms for digital art - the influence of digital technologies on entrepreneurial and social fields of action is omnipresent. Under the slogan "Towards X Futures", we at the Chair of Information Systems and Sustainable Supply Chain Management are reflecting on the connections between digital and socio-ecological transformation. As part of the EHDS4ALL project, we are enabling start-ups and SMEs to take on their new roles in the emerging European Health Data Space (EHDS for short) quickly and securely. To this end, the project is developing a qualification program "SMEs in the European Health Data Space". With a broad network of corporate partners, we are developing application scenarios for the EHDS and systematically compiling empirical knowledge. The project partners cover the new roles of SMEs in the health data space and focus on the areas of "Clinical Research", "Public Health" and "Therapy & Care". At the Chair, we coordinate the scientific monitoring of the use cases and identify technical, regulatory and economic barriers in order to propose concrete solutions.
- You perform research tasks in the EHDS4ALL project and thus in the areas of digital innovation and digital entrepreneurship with health data.
- As an Ecosystem Designer, you will coordinate the processes of the EHDS4ALL project with numerous well-known corporate partners in Germany and Europe.
- You organize use case workshops for health data.
- You will use network analysis methods to develop business models for the new data economy in the healthcare sector
- You will contribute your knowledge and skills in the areas of innovation and entrepreneurship to the agile development of a web-based toolkit.
- At Place Beyond Bytes, you actively support students or (post-)doctoral candidates in the development of data-based impact ventures.
- Through the close support of start-up projects, you will deal with data-based service, product and business model design in a practical way.
- You publish findings from your work in international publication media and conferences. You will regularly exchange information in national and international networks.
- You are involved in the implementation and execution of courses and project-related administrative tasks.
- Above-average university degree in business informatics or business administration with a standard period of study of at least 8 semesters (i.e., Master's degree)
- Knowledge in one or more of the following topics: Digital Entrepreneurship, Digital Innovation, Business Modeling, Digital Platforms, Service Systems Engineering, Machine Learning
- Experience with one or more of the following methods: qualitative-empirical methods (e.g. case study, interviews), explorative-quantitative data analysis (with Stata, Python or R), design science research
- You work independently.
- You have a very good command of English (German desirable).
As part of the job, there will be opportunities for further scientific qualification
You can expect:
- a varied, multifaceted area of responsibility in a lively working environment with international exchange
- an interesting, responsible position with great creative potential, in which you will get to know the diverse tasks and developments of research transfer and have contacts with almost all areas of the UDE
- a working environment with respectful, appreciative cooperation
- a pleasant working atmosphere in a dynamic, international team
- the opportunity to do a doctorate with numerous support services
- Family-friendliness through childcare services for your children
- Advice on family care responsibilities
- A wide range of training and development opportunities, individual induction training
- excellent public transport connections and free parking spaces
- Attractive sports and health programs (university sports)
- the opportunity to work from home as required
Starting date of appointment: as soon as possible
Contract duration limited until 28.02.2027
Working hours 75% percent of a full-time position
Application deadline 07.02.2024
Please send your application with the usual documents to Prof. Dr. Hannes Rothe, University of Duisburg-Essen, Faculty of Computer Science, Berliner Pl. 6-8, 45127 Essen, e-mail sekretariat.SUST (at) icb.uni-due.de, telephone +49 201 183 3418, quoting reference number 011-24.