In the position you will
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative studies in the area of digital ecosystems for public value creation (considering various aspects, such as the design, governance, use, and effects of digital ecosystems on society).
- Design and develop innovative prototypes for laboratory and field studies.
- Collect and analyze data, run experiments, publish findings of the research.
- Collaborate with researchers, public organizations, businesses and other institutions.
- Support teaching activities (such as running exercises, supervising theses).
- Support preparation of research proposals to national and international funding agencies.
We look forward to a creative and explorative team member with
- an MSc degree in information systems, business informatics, computer science and related fields (or an equivalent university study);
- strong analytical skills, enthusiasm for research, proactive mindset, reliability and commitment;
- good programming skills and experience in the implementation of software prototypes (e.g. JAVA, C#, Python) are desirable;
- skills in statistical analysis and the motivation to deepen them are desirable;
- excellent command of English (both written and spoken); knowledge of German or willingness to learn German are desirable since the project involves collaboration with local organizations and citizens in the local language.
What we offer
- an excellent opportunity to develop academic qualifications and gain credentials and experience in the inter-disciplinary field of digitalization;
- a team of young and highly motivated colleagues who are passionate about research;
- a work environment that is well-equipped with the newest hardware and software technology;
- strong support for your personal development and career planning;
- an attractive work environment: the University of Zurich is one of Switzerland's leading universities in the middle of a vibrant, cosmopolitan city that regularly ranks as one of the cities with the highest quality of life in the world;
- a highly successful PhD program with graduates at top-rated institutions worldwide.
Place of work
Digital Society Initiative
Rämistrasse 69, 8001 Zurich
Start of employment
Starting date: upon agreement.
Please submit your application containing your CV, transcripts and a short letter of interest (max. 2 pages A4) through the application system: https://jobs.uzh.ch/offene-stellen/phd-student-position-digital-ecosystems-for-public-value-creation/990a9cb6-a06c-4b78-bd52-758504bfeb4e
The screening of the applications will start immediately and will continue until the position is filled.